1. This Sunday is the Fourth Sunday of Advent and after the worship service we will have our Christmas Potluck. We will prepare the ham and scalloped potatoes (yummmm) so we can enjoy those, along with the side dishes, salads and desserts that the rest of us bring. If you bring a friend with you, they can enjoy this bounty with us! During the service, the ensemble will sing our perennial favorite, Halle, Halle, Halle, so be sure to join us!
2. Our Christmas Eve Service will start at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday the 24th. The program will be a gentle blend of scripture and music, and is a candlelight service. This, too, is an excellent time to bring a friend, and folks from around the neighborhood are warmly welcomed!
3. And, last but not least, looking ahead to the Valentine's Banquet: Several folks have had some thoughts about food and entertainment, and we need to make some decisions and start firming up the plans. So, instead of laying out on the last Sunday of the year, all of us who plan to be involved in the Banquet will have a meeting during coffee time on the 28th. It shouldn't take too long, and it is very important to not let time get away from us!
4. This Week's YOUR STORY: Tell about a time when someone called you a name other than your own. Was it disparaging or delightful? What was your reaction? Was there anything you had done to deserve the name?
5. This Week's SERMON THEME: What’s in a Name?
5. This Week's SONGS OF PRAYER & PRAISE:
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
- Good Christian Friends, Rejoice
- Crown Him King of Kings
- Jesus, Name Above All Names