OK, Folks - it's nearly Thanksgiving Day - and here's what-all is coming up!
1. This Sunday the Your Story question will be: Tell about a time when you were very grateful for the thoughtful or gentle care you received from someone. We all probably have more than one instance, so the conversation should be great! After the service, during Coffee Time, the ACTaskforce will make a presentation summarizing their activities. Please stick around for this, as your response to the information is important!
2. Tuesday the 24th is the date for our monthly Lunch Bunch at the Old Country Buffet in Lynnwood. Help yourself to tasty food, and join in the conversation with others! Ride with someone from the church at 11:30 or meet us at the OCB at noon.
3. Next Sunday, November 29, is the First Sunday of Advent. Milt and Barb will provide some special music for the worship service, but need others to join in for December 6, December 13 and December 20. Please let either of them know if you would like to participate. A song selection will be announced by the 29th.
4. Once again, this year we will be participating in the Gifts for Kids drive, as part of the Lake City Holiday Project. Candy will have details for us in the next few days – “stay tuned!”
5. We will be decorating the church for Christmas, and this means putting up a tree in the narthex and another in the sanctuary - and decorating each of them. The date set for this is Saturday December 5, starting around 10:00 a.m. Please bring a couple of ornaments for us to use - they will be returned to you after Christmas. We did this a few years ago, and I purchased some ornaments just for this - they are lovely, and I will be glad to see them again!
I hope to see each of you this Sunday - but if not, I will wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!