1. This Sunday our guest preacher will be Rev. Sean Brown, who is Interim Minister at Queen Anne Baptist Church. Most of us know Sean and know that we are in for a treat! Pastor Wim, reciprocating, will be preaching at Queen Anne Baptist Church. Also, we will be treated to a solo by Charlette Tapsoba.
2. After church, Coffee Time will be hosted by the LLS Light the Night Team. Here is a note from Victoria about that: …. “The Wedgwood Walkers Light the Night Team will be hosting a very special coffee hour on Sunday after church. We will be showing a video that you won’t want to miss! Please join us and learn how you can make an impact, sign up to join the walk team or make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Help us make Someday Today and create a world without cancer. For your convenience, you may also participate online by going to our special page dedicated to Mary Welch: http://pages.lightthenight.org/wa/SeattleL15/WedgwoodWalkers.”
3. Start resting up for Labor Day Weekend - because after that, we will start off the Church Year (coincides with School Year) with a bang! The first event, Movie Night, will be on September 12, with the feature "The Age of Adaline."
4. Ed reports that last Sunday's sermon has been posted to the website; the recording includes the touching Dedication of Rose - so even if you were there, you may want to listen again!
5. The September Wedgletter will be sent out next week and, as usual, is chock-full of interesting items, so be on the lookout for that!
Lastly, the Your Story question is:Tell about a time or activity when you really struggled. What were you thinking while you were struggling? How did you feel when the struggle was over?