Here's what's happening for the week of February 8, 2015:
1. This Sunday we will be treated to a different style of worship service hosted by Bruce, and aided by Milton. Lots of singing of some old favorite hymns, etc. and an excellent message. The guys have styled this service along the lines of the biweekly services at St. Anne's. You will want to be there!
2. After the service, during coffee time, there will be a brief meeting of the Valentine's Banquet committee. We need to "take a pulse" to make sure that all plans/preparations are on schedule.
3. Tickets for the banquet will be available after the service - see Linea - and we need a firm "head count" by Wednesday.
4. Bible Study will resume on Tuesday - Bruce leading.
5. On Friday the 13th we will be decorating for the Banquet. Those who have volunteered to do the decorating will begin gathering around 5 pm.
6. I mentioned last week that you may want to go to our website www.wedgwoodchurch.org and see what's new - particularly listen to the sermon from last Sunday. Actually, Ed was unable to be in the booth to babysit the recording equipment - and Rick Barlow's message is not there - but you need to listen and see how Ed stepped up to the plate and hit a home run!!!!!!!!! Very creative; very professional. Also, he has posted the February Wedgletter and will post the new one each month.
7. There are sign-up sheets on clipboards for the Lenten/Easter small groups - if you are interested in being a part of this, track down one of the sheets so they will be ready when Pastor Wim returns next week.
See you on Sunday!