Here's what's happening for the week of March 8, 2015:
1. Daylight Saving Time descends upon us in the wee hours between Saturday night and Sunday morning - so remember to set your clocks ahead one hour before you toddle off to bed tomorrow night.
2. Sunday, there is prayer time before church at 10:30, Sermon Discussion (12:20) and the Keep/Keeping Hope Alive small groups (1:00) meet afterward. These small group discussions continue each Sunday throughout Lent.
3. There is a piano recital in the Sanctuary starting at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday - Lev's sister has students who will be performing - you are welcome to come and enjoy the music!
4. A total of $3,500 was received last Sunday, in response to the request for contributions toward Charlette's Spring Quarter tuition! This amount will be added to some funds that had already been made available, so the amount due on the 9th is covered! Many, many thanks for your continued support for Charlette.
5. The Food Bank barrel is empty! I had some items all ready in a sack, but forgot them last Sunday. So perhaps you did, too. Marilyn says that the barrel will be picked up on Tuesday - and I am sure that this is the first time in history that there was a possibility of the cupboard being bare - so please bring a sack - if each of us brought just 3 or 4 cans/boxes, that would do it!
6. According to the Obituary in the Seattle Times, our friend Dick Langham passed away on February 17. "A Celebration of Life will be held at Acacia on March 27th at 1:30 PM." That is a Friday, and if you would like to ride with me from the church, just let me know.